If you need records, we will gopher you.

What Civil War Pension Records are on Fold3?

Neither Fold3 nor the National Archives site includes Confederate pensions.  Those pensions are held by the southern states that issued the pensions as described on our blog HERE.  Many of those are Confederate pensions are online as described on our blog HERE.

A very small percentage of Union pension records are on  These are pension records for widows/dependents and only include those for which the certificate number is less than 148100.  Some (but not all) of those pensions are also on the National Archives site. Approved pensions are HERE and disapproved pensions are HERE.

All other Union pension records are available only at the National Archives in Washington D.C. or can be ordered from us HERE.

Note that is a subscription service but there are a variety of legal ways to access it for free as described on our blog HERE.

Did you find this FAQ helpful?

Spread the word. Share this post!

Leave Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *