If you need records, we will gopher you.

Why do you not offer Confederate records?

Confederate service and pension files are not available at the National Archives.

Confederate service records have been digitized and are available on  It is a subscription site but there are a variety of legal ways to access it for free as described on our blog HERESome of the records are also available for free on the National Archives’ own web site HERE.

Confederate pension records are maintained by the individual southern states as described on our blog HERE.  A list of sites where you can find Confederate pension records (itemized by state) can be found HERE.

If you have further questions about Confederate records, feel free to write to us.

Did you find this FAQ helpful?

Spread the word. Share this post!

Leave Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *